This system is for CHPC users needing large memory for statistical analysis. The system has 48 Cores, 512GB of RAM, and 1TB of disk space, and can mount your user space and group space if needed.
We have SAS 9.3 with text miner, SPSS, R, STATA, Mathematica, Matlab, and Microsoft Office 2010 on Kachina.
Once you use windows remote desktop (RDP) to get to kachina.chpc.utah.edu you can run any of the applications listed. You must have a valid CHPC account to access this system. If coming from off campus, you must use the CHPC VPN pool (email@example.com when you start the VPN); you must also request that we add you to this VPN pool or you will be denied access.
1) Use remote desktop to RDP to kachina.chpc.utah.edu
a) For windows goto 'start' > 'all programs' > 'accessories' 'remote desktop connection', for linux use rdesktop.
b) Enter the hostname of kachina.chpc.utah.edu (or on linux use rdesktop kachina.chpc.utah.edu).
c) Read (and comply with) the banner warning about authorized access use.
d) Login using your campus username and password which is ad\UNID and then your normal campus password.
2) If you are using a Mac (Please see addendum below in comments field...)
- Go to http://cord.sourceforge.net/ and download and install Cord.
- After CoRD is installed start the program and put kachina.chpc.utah.edu in the quick connect box and hit enter.
- When the server screen pops up. Enter ad\UNID and your password.
- This will log you in and you will be ready to go.
If you need help with this system, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.