Welcome to the ProTrackS User Guide.
1. What is ProTrackS (Project Tracking System)
ProTrackS is a web-based service request system for the Center for Clinical and Transnational Science (CCTS).
ProTrackS provides the ability for you to request research and operational services from any of the CCTS foundations.
ProTrackS creates a CCTS ID for your projects so we can track the services and resources you need for your research projects.
2. How do I start?
In order to request support from the CCTS, you need to register your project in ProTrackS. There are 3 steps:
- Principal investigator (PI) information 4 required fields: uNID, Name, E-mail, Contact Phone and Department
- Project Information 3 required fields: project title, funding status & CCTS Services/Provider(s)
- Request services or information related to the CCTS Services/Provider you selected
This registration should only take a few minutes. If you have questions please let us know by replying email@example.com.
3. What happens?
- As soon as you complete your ProTrackS registration you will receive an e-mail confirming your submission, including: CCTS ID and Project title
- Each service/resource or information you have requested alerts a CCTS provider and you will be contacted within 1 business day.
4. What if I just want information?
- Once you have registered your project and selected the CCTS Foundation/Core(s) you are interested in there is an option to select Information Only
- Many of these selections will link you to the CCTS Knowledge Base
- You will always receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration from ProTrackS
- You can contact the CCTS at firstname.lastname@example.org to get additional help or information
For CCTS Staff
1. How do I start?
- You will receive an automated notification whenever a request for services/resources is submitted.
- Click on the link in the e-mail and log into ProTrackS to review the project registration
2. What Happens?
- Contact the investigator and confirm reception of the request using the preferred method of contact listed in the request
- Follow your standard workflow(s) for supporting a research request
- You will be able to see if any other CCTS Foundations are involved
- You should contact the investigator, and/or other CCTS Foundations, for more information or coordination.
3. What if the PI is having issues with the ProTrackS application?
- If there are technical issues contact the BMIC via email@example.com or by phone: 801-213-1550
- If they submitted the registration but would like to amend it you can do this for them based on your conversations
- You can create the registration for them, however this defeats the purpose of ProTrackS and adds additional work for the CCTS and your Foundation
4. What does ProTrackS do for me?
- Registers all users of CCTS services/resources before the project starts
- Collects information needed by the CCTS for each project for reporting purposes
- Provides information for prioritization and capacity planning
- Help everyone support research in an efficient, responsible manner
|Study Design & Analysis||Career Development|
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Study Planning
- Secure data management
- Program Evaluation
- Mentored research training
- Clinical & transnational science training
- R01 writing group
- Career-stage coaching
Sample Processing & Storage
|Clinical Research Support|
- Biorepository services
- Pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) generation
- DNA/RNA isolation
- Wet-bench lab space
- Protocol nursing services, including data collection
- Participant recruitment & retention
- Language services
- Study site partnerships
|Data Tools||Community Engagement|
- Utah Population Database
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Data tools training
- Research partner identification
- Needs assessment
- Diversity enhancement
- Culturally appropriate materials