CHPC provides a mechanism for our users to transfer files to and from individuals without CHPC accounts. This service is called guest-transfer.
- The guest transfer service is not for repeated events.
- The guest transfer service is not for long-term data storage.
- The guest transfer service is not for restricted (PHI/HIPAA/HITECH/FERPA) or sensitive data.
- The guest transfer service is not for huge data transfers (it's currently restricted to approximately 500 gigabytes5 terabytes).
How do I get a guest account?
- The process is completely automatic. You fill out the form, it immediately gives you a guest account.
- Only CHPC users can create accounts.
- The person who creates the guest account is responsible for all activity of the guest account
- This guest account is only usable for the guest transfer service. It provides no access to any other CHPC or University resources.
- Files are transferred via scp/sftp. Interactive logins are disabled.
- Files are automatically removed after 30 days90 days (based on last-access time).
- Files in the guest-transfer service can be read or changed by any other user.
- Consider using encryption to protect and verify your files.
- DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE FOR SENSITIVE OR RESTRICTED DATA!