- Remove/Uninstall current VPN client.
- Point your browser to to:https://vpnaccess.utah.edu and login:
- Group: Unid
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (or whatever VPN pool is appropriate for your use, i.e., email@example.com or just firstname.lastname@example.org) note: chpc.utah.edu will allow you to samba mount nfs fileserver for home/group space). You can email email@example.com if you're not sure which one you should use.
- Password: <your current umail/campus password>
- Click 'Continue'
- Click 'Start AnyConnect' This will try to automatically install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. This usually fails, but you are then given a link for 'Manual Installation'
- Click on the link 'Mac OS X 10.6+ (intel). This will download a .dmg file.
- Open 'anyconnect-macosx-3.1xxxx-web-deploy-k9.dmg' and install the client.
- Open Applications, Cisco then click 'Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client'
- The first time you use this VPN client, you'll need to enter in the 'Connect to:' field: vpnaccess.utah.edu
- Log into VPN using steps 2a, 2b, and 2c.
Either Part I or Part II has to be completed for VPN access (NOT both). If you prefer this method (Part II), see attached PDF below.